Friday, December 24, 2010

Nov 22, The Clown - visitor's Poem


I never saw the humor
at a local circus tent
where laughter is sold to consumer
to pay for food and rent

How sad it must be
to be the jolly clown
-being paid to act silly
even if you're feeling down

One day I saw to clown
real with tears in his eyes
Yet all the while I did his tricks
I have never showed a frown

His smile was firmly painted
his clothes to frilly mess
his actions were untainted
with his sadness, cares or stress

I've gave them what they wanted
All the antics from the book
but his eyes remained so haunted
If you took the time to look

May I ask you, Mr Clown
what you think of late at night
When you let your guard down
Do you still feel life's all right-

Are you happy with the choices
that you made along the way
or would you listen to the voices
and take heed to what they say

Do you still think they're plain crazy
expecting you to work-
"Do your home employment, clean your room"
Do you still think "what a jerk"

What's your story Mr clown
did you have a past lonely
or did you run from all the work
to have a good ol blast!


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment